Partnership working in a consortium
Hospital Rationalisation Programme Ministry of Health and Social Protection Albania
Clinical Panel Ltd clinicians are currently working with specialists from Hygeian to support a World Bank sponsored Hospital Masterplan for Albania.
Albania has a large number of small local hospitals with specialist care only available in Tirana, the capital city. As with all developing economies it also faces a demographic shift to an older population whose long term conditions are not well provided for. People therefore have to travel large distances for expertise. The hospital masterplan aims to make practical recommendations on regional networking of services using quality as the organizing principle.
Clinical Panel expertise in service design and change management is proving essential for the programme to be successful. Sections of the masterplan include:
- Conceptual framework and design principles
- Comprehensive report on existing facilities
- Options for regional and municipal hospital rationalisation
- Clinical Workforce requirements
- Design of hospital facilities
- Legislative requirements for hospital rationalisation
This is a big change and the recommendations have a horizon on 2035.
Get in Touch
To find out more about how we can help you with your upcoming project get in touch